Devon Baits Frozen Sand Eels
Brand Code: SAND EEL\\\'S
Frozen Medium Sized Sand Eels
Sand eel can often be the make-or-break bait for the angler during a trip and can entice fish to feed when other baits are totally ignored. Whole smal... read full description »
- Frozen Medium Sized Sand Eels
- Sand eel can often be the make-or-break bait for the angler during a trip and can entice fish to feed when other baits are totally ignored. Whole small or medium sand eels are most effective for rays, huss, whiting, turbot, brill, dogfish, pollack and bass in clear water.
- There are various ways of presentation, but most effective is to use a thin baiting needle passed through the tail to the head. For drift fishing aboard a boat and for shore bass fishing, have the hook positioned to wards the tail so that the sand eel looks more natural. For fishing a sand eel as a dead bait and static ledgered, then the hook is better placed to wards the head. Some anglers prefer to just pass the hook through the head once, but this can result in missed bites. For casting, a few wraps of thin elastic bait thread around the body helps secure the bait and maintain good presentation.
- Sand eel has plenty of scent and is a good bottom fishing bait. To get the best out of it cut the backbone out of a whole sand eel but leave the fillets attached to the head to create a flapper presentation. Slide the hook through the mouth and out through the gullet between fillets and slide the flapper above the hook on to the trace. With the baiting needle, slide on another whole sand eel head first making sure the hook leaves the body just below the mid belly area. Slide the flapper sand eel down over the one on the hook and bind them together with elastic thread. This looks like a whole sand eel, but gives maximum scent from the cut fillets. This is especially good for rays, Hiss and dogfish.
- Sand eel can also be used as a whole fillet for smaller species like whiting, dabs, and makes a good bait to tip worm off with to target bigger whiting among st the passing shoal and larger than average dabs. A flapper sand eel over a king rag bait, called a “Rocket bait”, is a top competition bait for shore dogfish.
- Quantity 7-10
Important Frozen Bait Information
- All frozen baits will be packed securely in bubble wrap or newspaper.
- WARNING: If you are not in to sign for your order we will be not held responsible for the products freshness.
- All Deliveries are next day, only if you order before 8.30am, we do not deliver over weekends. Please read the delivery section for more information on deliveries.
- It is the customers responsibility to make sure they place there order on the correct day so they can make sure they are in to sign for the delivery as we do not keep any back orders.
- All frozen bait will be sent for free delivery on orders over £100, the order should be with you in approx 24-36 hours from the time the order has been packed. We cant guarantee the bait will be frozen because of the time frame but the bait will be fine to re freeze as soon as you receive the order.
All prices inclusive of VAT